Committee membership is open to all persons interested in being actively involved in serving the needs of Island Chapel. If you are living on the lake or in the surrounding areas of Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake or Lake Placid and are interested in becoming a member, or would like to volunteer for a specific job, please go to the CONTACT page or email Lynne Perry.
You can participate in many ways to support Island Chapel activities.
• Participate in planning for Island Chapel activities
• Drive and/or crew the Chapel Bound and shuttle after training and certification
• Serve as dock manager or assistant. Assist the Chapel Bound to dock and depart the Island, as well as assisting kayakers or canoers to locate a place to leave their vessel during the service.
• Serve as usher/greeter. Welcome visitors, hand them a program and assist them to find a seat if necessary.
• Serve as the volunteer wedding couple. Open and close the Chapel on wedding day. Greet/assist guests and the wedding party exiting the Chapel Bound at the Chapel. It is a joyous way to spend part of an afternoon, helping to make it a truly special day for a bridal couple and their guests.
• Assist with maintenance, repairs and upkeep of the building and surrounding island
• Close the Chapel after Sunday service – close windows, water flowers, lock up
Even if you are only in the area for a couple of weeks or a month during the summer, you are most welcome to be on the committee and chose an activity and weekend that is convenient for you.